Ever since the class started in 2005 we have had a ‘no drop-in’ policy. After trying the class we expect students who wish to continue to commit to the rest of the term.
If you really want a PAYG class you will probably find that their rates are considerably more than ours, some more than double; our fees are set at a level to cover costs as we are not-for-profit.
Some of the reasons for not allowing drop-in students are
- Although physical exercise is an important aspect of the classes, they are not just ‘work outs’; there is also a mental aspect to learning the forms and learning to focus on them. As one gets older this becomes increasingly important!
- We want the commitment of students so that we can all learn and progress.
- Once we allow just one drop-in student we would have to allow it for anyone. This would completely change the character of the class.
- Adult Education classes operate the same policy. Our fees are competitive.
- We want stable classes, not too large, so that everyone has a good experience
Tai Chi for Health is managed on a not-for-profit basis by one of the class members.